Everyone deserves access to birth control. We make it simple — with online prescriptions, automatic refills and free home delivery, SimpleHealth makes that mission a reality. Our brand is focused on providing Access and Expert Care to allow people to realize their potential through a healthy reproductive system.
Reporting to the SVP of Finance, you’ll be responsible for preparing and analyzing various P&L and balance sheet items along with leading the further development of accounting systems, processes and internal controls. This individual will own the monthly close process, our annual financial audit, tax registrations & filings, and more. The Accounting Manager will have a solid technical accounting background and possess a strong understanding of accounting systems.
- Lead the monthly corporate accounting close, generate the financial reporting package, provide detailed account analysis, and ensure monthly reconciliations are performed for various balance sheet accounts.
- Develop, implement, and document accounting systems, processes and internal controls.
- Maintain roll forward schedules and lead the annual audit.
- Prepare AP and payroll for review and payment.
- Complete daily bank reconciliations.
- Work with an external tax team to ensure tax compliance work is performed in a timely manner and work with state and local tax agencies to set up new locations for relevant taxes and licenses.
- You have 5-6 years of experience, preferably consisting of 2-3 years in public accounting with audit experience and 2-3 years of accounting experience in a high-growth startup.
- You have a Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Accounting or Finance.
- You have a high degree of comfort with Microsoft Excel and detailed knowledge of accounting principles.
- You possess critical thinking, analytical, interpretative, and problem-solving skills, including attention to detail, and demonstrated an ability to deliver high-quality work.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and work with a sense of urgency and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- CPA is preferred
- Typing and computer usage throughout the day
- Travel requirements: 0%
- No lift requirements
- Competitive Compensation
- Company Equity
- Paid Health Benefits for Employees
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Medical Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Schedules
We think you should join us. Here’s why!
- We see things differently. That’s why we’re building a diverse culture - with people who bring unique perspectives & backgrounds to the table. We need a diverse team to build products that serve our diverse patients.
- We’re humans first, employees second. Work-life balance matters to us - that’s why we require minimum vacation time, are flexible with when and where you work, offer paid parental leave & more.
- We’re building for longevity. Growth is not confined to job descriptions or teams, and we encourage continuous learning, both within your specialty and in other interests.
- Health matters to us, including yours. We pay 100% of employee healthcare and dental premiums, and a membership with One Medical.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.