Klasha is a technology company that builds cross-border commerce solutions.
Our vision is to streamline cross border commerce from Africa to the rest of the world. While in turn, giving the rest of the world access to African consumers on the ground who want and need these goods. Klasha is currently live in Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, South Africa, Kenya and Zambia. Klasha is also backed by leading venture investors, including Greycroft (investors in Braintree and Venmo), Seedcamp (investors in Revolut), Techstars (investors in Remitly) and Plug and Play (investors in Paypal, Honey and Dropbox).
We’ve built the KlashaCheckout, which allows international merchants to sell seamlessly across borders and accept payments in local African currencies, alongside an entire toolkit of software products, including KlashaWire for B2B cross border payments, KlashaCargo for last-mile logistics, Payment Links for offline acceptance and Klasha App for in-app global shopping experiences.
About the role
Klasha is in search of a Business Development Manager for the East Africa region, who will be responsible for identifying, prospecting, consulting, and closing new opportunities for Klasha within their assigned markets and targeted verticals with the goal of increasing the customer base and revenues.
The successful candidate will be accountable for delivering the growth targets through an efficient and scalable sales process, significant sales operations and building a solid B2B sales pipeline. As such, the individual must be self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Secure market penetration for Klasha in assigned verticals.
- Perform outbound lead generation and inbound lead conversion for ideal customer profiles and buyer personas.
- Develop and manage a sales pipeline, promoting and representing the Klasha brand and services to prospective clients.
- Clearly communicate the value proposition, differentiation points and market positioning.
- Design, execute and regularly refine a prospective client lead generation and follow-up process, which leads to high client meetings rate and ultimately conversion rate.
- Generate new ideas and methods for lead generation, client prospecting and acquisition.
- Position yourself as a subject matter expert and valued asset to potential customers.
- Prepare for tailored customer engagements and deliver effective sales demonstrations and presentations with key decision makers, while ensuring high closing rate.
- Utilise marketing and sales data to optimise efforts.
- Participate in industry trade shows and corporate events.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years of relevant sales experience, preferably in the fintech industry and in a front line sales position with a successful sales track record.
- Good knowledge of cross-border payments and the wider industry (e-commerce, B2B ecosystems, emerging disruptive technology) will be a significant advantage for the right candidate.
- Ability to articulate each platform’s target product/service opportunity to customers and talk to solutions rather than product features.
- Strong experience in face-to-face business development and commercial and relationship development.
- Have strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Tenacious and persistent – a “won’t give up on a sale until the answer is yes” attitude.
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Polished presentation and interpersonal skills, comfortable with technology and able to credibly present to high level executives.
- Proven experience developing strong client relationships and navigating a complex environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrate skills, knowledge and successful track record in financial services, software or other professional services.
- CRM and other sales tools proficiency is required.
People are the heart of our business, so we prioritise welfare and offer a wide range of competitive benefits, including but not limited to:
- All the latest technology you need to do your role.
- Allowance for health insurance.
- Headspace and Spill membership.
- Access to a co-working space in your home city.
- One-time home office set-up allowance.
- Budget for French language classes.
- One-time home office set-up allowance.
- Access toKlasha Sessions development training courses.
- Paid birthday day off.
- Team building events.
- Access to mental health wellness services.
- Paid parental leave.
- Paid time off.