Stax is one of America's fastest-growing fintech companies, which empowers more than 22,000 small businesses, large businesses, and software platforms through the industry's only all-in-one payments API. Stax's platform provides businesses and SaaS platforms the ability to manage their payment ecosystem, analyze data, and simplify their customer experience through fully integrated solutions. With access to everything they need to transact seamlessly, the one-stop tool allows companies to move faster, think smarter, and make better business decisions through the power of payments.
The Business Intelligence Engineer will be responsible for delivering business-critical reporting and value-adding data insights that meet the most crucial business needs. The position is responsible for performing advanced technical and analytical work in the development and support of standardized and/or customized reports. Work includes but is not limited to, advanced technical programming activities, including creating SQL queries, views and stored procedures, testing, debugging, and maintaining customized reports, as well as maintaining data integrity.
- Design, develop, and operate business intelligence solutions (Data sets, queries, reports, dashboards and analyses) to to support the collection, maintenance, and statistical/analytical representation of data
- Use one or more industry analytics visualization tools (e.g. Excel, Tableau)
- Facilitate process from report creation through management review of data
- Create reports to support fast-changing initiatives and provide cross-departmental transparency and document changes to existing reports
- Interpret and provide appropriate analysis of reported data
- Collaborate cross departmentally on how to gather report requirements and how to best facilitate data hygiene.
- Documents and maintains records of created reports and/or changes to existing reports
- Support team members in troubleshooting issues that come up with existing reports
- Monitor performance, e.g. speed, accuracy, usage, etc., of our automated internal reporting
- Build, customize and publish interactive reports, visualizations and dashboards
- Administer other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Business Intelligence or related field required
- Understanding of relational database theory and be proficient in writing and understanding complex SQL code
- Strong understanding of Excel
- Experience writing and performing SQL queries
- Strong communication skills, that allow for clear disclosure of data requests bidirectionally
- Ability to work cross-departmentally across teams.
- Strong work ethic to exceed expectations and goals.
- Strong attention to detail & organizational effectiveness.
- Collaborative attitude with a focus on “We” and not on “Me”.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with aggressive company and individual goals.
- Solution-oriented mind-set with the ability to think strategically, creatively, and critically in decision-making
- Culture Fit. Someone who exhibits the core values of positive, supportive, optimistic, ambitious, passionate, proactive, honest, charismatic, well-rounded, articulate, autonomous, innovative, and has an insatiable appetite for success and snacks.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Competitive Base Salary
- 4% 401K Match
- Conference & Continuing Education Coverage
- Team Building Events/Opportunities
- Downtown Parking
- Performance & Incentive Bonuses
- Unlimited PTO
- Free snacks!
Stax is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.