Klasha is a technology company that builds cross-border commerce solutions for African consumers and international businesses wanting to sell into Africa. Our mission is to make online consumer goods and services more accessible to customers across Africa. We've built the KlashaCheckout which allows African consumers to transact online and across borders in local African currencies, alongside an entire toolkit of software products including: KlashaWire, KlashaCargo, Payment Links and the Klasha App.
Our vision is for African consumers to have frictionless access to the goods they want, regardless of their geographic location, by transacting using African currencies and money methods.
Klasha is currently live in Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, South Africa, Kenya and Zambia. Klasha is backed by leading venture investors, including Greycroft (investors in Braintree and Venmo), Seedcamp (investors in Revolut), Techstars (investors in Remitly) and Plug and Play (investors in Paypal, Honey and Dropbox), and Amex Ventures.
About the role
We are seeking a new middle weight-senior content marketing manager to join our team. You will be writing for a wide variety of mediums across digital and offline media. To be successful in this position, you will be a self-starter, capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas, and show amazing attention to detail.
- Writing, rewriting and proofreading text.
- Writing headlines, picture captions and story summaries.
- Editing reports and press releases.
- Writing copy for web, social media, press and more.
- Liaising with journalists, reporters and editors.
- Verifying information and story details.
- Gathering and preparing routine information.
- Designing page layouts.
- Ensuring stories are the right length and are correctly placed on pages.
- Make sure stories are accurate and do not compromise the legality.
- Sizing photographs and placing them within features.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Strategise the content marketing positioning.
- Write compelling copy that will generate leads.
- A degree/diploma in Journalism, Communications or a related field.
- Solid prior experience as a sub-editor or journalist.
- Experience with SEO writing.
- Exceptional in written and verbal communication.
- A creative flair and are adept at designing attractive page layouts.
- Organised and with high attention to detail.
- Deliver high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent understanding of grammar and spelling.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- IT skills.
Our people are the heart of the business, so we prioritise welfare and offer a wide range of competitive benefits including but not limited to:
- All the technology you need to do your role including a laptop and accessories.
- Access to a co-working space of your choice in your home city (subject to approval).
- £80 monthly allowance for annual health and dental insurance of your choice (paid in the 3rd month of your employment).
- Headspace and Spill membership.
- One-time home office set-up allowance (paid in the 3rd month of your employment).
- Stipend towards French language classes.
- Paid birthday day off.
- Access to Klasha Sessions development training courses.
- Annual salary review.
- Paid parental leave.
- Paid time off.