For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
At Guild, we uphold our Core Values in everything we do. Our team emphasizes our Core Values in the following ways:
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Director, Accounting to lead the accounting team at our rapidly growing organization. Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, the Director, Accounting will be responsible for timely and accurate reporting, internal controls, and taking a hands-on leadership role across the organization. This leader will develop and automate several aspects of the accounting cycle including expenses, tax, treasury, equity, month end close, and financial statement audits. We are seeking an experienced and forward thinking professional with operational experience and a proven track record of creative problem solving and change management.
As the Director, Accounting, you will:
- Lead and mentor a team of 10+ accountants responsible for all expense line items, AP processing, payroll, tax, treasury, month end close, and financial statement audits
- Develop, implement, and maintain accounting systems and policies in accordance with US GAAP
- Assist in building a SOX compliant internal control environment
- Manage the work of external audit and advisory firms, including facilitating meetings, providing information inputs, reviewing results, and ensuring deadlines are met
- Drive process improvement and automation efforts to streamline revenue operations and improve the quality of monthly, quarterly, and annual closes.
- Provide thought leadership, guidance, and strategy on technical accounting matters impacting the business; providing guidance to team members and other cross functional teams on how to apply specific accounting guidelines
- Provide accounting expertise on M&A transactions from pre-acquisition due diligence through post-acquisition integration
- Obtain a thorough understanding of key financial results and discuss findings with key business partners
- Be a change agent for implementing new accounting standards, internal controls, and process improvements in an increasingly complex environment
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Combined experience of 10+ years with a mix of public accounting (Big 4 preferred) and private industry
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- Experience in a leadership role at a publicly traded company
- 5+ years of supervisory experience with a proven ability to recruit, manage, train, and coach staff
- Strong technical accounting and financial reporting skills; well-grounded in GAAP
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and ability to work with a large volume of data
- Experience working with ERP systems, including successfully enhancing and streamlining processes (NetSuite a plus)
- Proven organizational skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively, manage multiple projects, and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to interact with all organization levels and team members in multiple locations and time zones
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $165,000 - $195,000, plus bonus opportunity, as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $4.4 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 15 days of PTO/vacation in the first year. After your first year (or for Guilders in Director+ positions), you transition into an open vacation policy.
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.