For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
At Guild, we uphold our Core Values in everything we do. Our team emphasizes our Core Values in the following ways:
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Director, Compensation to join our rapidly growing organization. This is an opportunity for an experienced compensation professional to lead and administer Guild’s compensation strategy and programs, with heavy focus on cash compensation programs. The successful candidate will use their significant compensation expertise and knowledge to build successful cross-functional relationships with key internal partners and leaders. The ideal candidate has the desire and capability to take initiative to meet the changing business demands for a hyper-growth, late-stage technology startup.
As the Director, Compensation you will:
- Collaborate and build partnerships with key stakeholders on the creation, execution, communication, and education of Guild’s compensation policies and programs
- Drive critical compensation initiatives, often leading cross-organizational project teams, which may include evolution of compensation planning/review process, education for managers and employees, design of compensation changes, and other related initiatives
- Partner cross-organizationally within Guild’s People team and provide guidance to the Talent Acquisition and Business Partners, as well as business leaders
- Help lead compensation and equity plan design and administration
- Manage annual rewards cycles including merit, bonus, and promotion reviews; conduct merit budget and market analysis working with finance partners to establish final merit budget; conducts appropriate modeling including the creation of merit matrices
- Ensure competitive compensation to acquire and retain talent; develop and maintain keen market insights across all levels of employees, including Executives
- Recommend updates to the salary ranges as necessary and identifies opportunities for streamlining the ranges and processes as appropriate
- Handle day to day issues and escalations, as appropriate
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 10+ years experience in compensation leading program design and administration
- Leadership & People Management experience required
- CCP certification a plus
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically, analytically, and creatively
- Experience driving large scale projects, programs, and change efforts
- Organizational agility and ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to change rapidly in response to business conditions
- Flexible and comfortable to roll-up your sleeves, used to being hands-on
- Can create effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders; consultative and collaborative style that allows for influence without authority
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, $140,000 - $173,750, as well as bonus opportunity and company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $4.4 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 15 days of PTO/vacation in the first year. After your first year (or for Guilders in Director+ positions), you transition into an open vacation policy.
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.