For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
At Guild, we uphold our Core Values in everything we do. Our team emphasizes our Core Values in the following ways:
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring for a Director, Financial Applications to work with our internal stakeholders and application development team to enhance and streamline our Financial and HR Application(s) portfolio.
In this role, you will oversee operational management and support of various business applications including but not limited to NetSuite ERP, Stripe.com, Bill.com, Adaptive Insights, FloQast, ADP and the integrations to each of these applications. This position reports to the Senior Director of Business Applications and will have the responsibility to manage direct reports. We need someone who asks “why,” is unafraid to “wade in ambiguity”, and helps drive strong technical decision-making at Guild. We are looking for a Director to provide leadership, consistency, mentorship, technical expertise in shaping our financial and HR application stack.
As a Director of Financial Applications, you will:
- Lead a team of system administrators in evaluating, identifying, designing, configuring and administering business applications and provide technical guidance to business stakeholders
- Analyze user requests, objectives, requirements, procedures and security requirements prior to developing solutions or improving existing applications
- Ensure delivery of high quality, secure and reliable software systems aligned with the needs of the business across multiple teams
- Provide an architecture level vision that meets the needs of our business stakeholders today, tomorrow and over the long term as well as identify pragmatic steps to moving towards that continuing evolving vision
- Partner with business stakeholders, product, product design, and other engineering leaders in the organization to build out technical initiatives,integrate them into our global roadmap, prioritize them for implementation and see them through to fruition
- Recommend new technology and technical enhancements to improve efficiency and scalability within the business application organization
- Implement third-party integrations with business applications that help to accurately transfer data between multiple systems, including external systems
- Contribute to key performance metrics for the business applications team and provide strategic input to metrics and implementation approaches across the platform and organization.
- Provide input and knowledge of “out of the box” and customized solutions to help us scale our systems as we continue to grow
- Work closely with the audit and IT security teams to ensure the financial systems are compliant with SOX regulations and cybersecurity best practices
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
- Inspire and motivate teams in a remote working environment
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Passion for higher education and our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- 10+ years experience managing and supporting finance, accounting and hr system(s)
- 3+ years experience in leading project teams and software implementation(s)
- Expert understanding of ERP core functionality and best practices including the ability to create and train other admins on those concepts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong analytical skills, and ability to deal with ambiguity in a rapidly changing business environment
- Experience in project management, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and Change Management leading cross-functional initiatives
- Ability to explain complex systems and technical topics in a clear, concise manner to others who may have minimal technical knowledge
- Strong problem-solving skills and excellent communication/documentation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, flexibility, multitasking abilities, and a high level of attention-to-detail in a fast-paced environment
- A drive to work hard and plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $145,000-175,000, as well as company stock options and variable compensation.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $4.4 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 15 days of PTO/vacation in the first year. After your first year (or for Guilders in Director+ positions), you transition into an open vacation policy.
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.