On-trend bedding. Custom pieces. Fashionable solutions. Dormify is the ultimate destination for small space decor. Founded by a mother-daughter duo in 2011, the company has spent the past decade creating and curating stylish products, inspiration, and solutions to help young adults personalize dorm rooms, bedrooms, and apartments to their liking. Fresh, functional designs packed with personality have quickly transformed the brand into a go-to for Gen Z—and they’re just getting started.
Dormify is searching for a Financial Controller to join our team. The Controller will be responsible for overseeing financial statements like balance sheets, invoices, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. Their duties include directing the Accounting department operations, compiling financial reports based on financial statements, and implementing policies and procedures for financial reporting and budgeting. The position reports to our VP of Finance.
* Perform and manage the monthly close processes, including journal entries, revenue recognition (ASC 606), management reporting, and close package preparation.
* Full balance sheet and P&L review, along with reconciliations and maintaining detailed records
* Manage day-to-day accounting operations, including inventory management, AR & AP, GL management, billings, vendor setup, banking activities, etc.
* Collaborate with VP of Finance to support analysis, sales and profit analysis, monthly operation results to budget, variance (month, year), calculate operating metrics, and recommend ways to measure company performance based on financial results.
* Audit, develop, implement, and maintain internal policies, controls, processes & procedures, systems, etc, to streamline operational efficiencies and comply with GAAP standards.
* Support the inventory accounting and processes throughout the company to maintain accurate quantity and cost information.
* Maintain forecasting tools for cash planning, financial planning and analysis, and cost savings analysis.
* Review and troubleshoot all financial applications that connect to Quickbooks Online, such as Banking/Credit Card connections, Bill.com, Payroll Systems (Justworks, ADP), Shopify, Returnly, etc.
* Prepare and file monthly, quarterly sales taxes in various US states.
* Anticipate and evaluate business needs to make sure that financial systems appropriately support the company's growth.
* Develop and implement processes and improvements to support our growing and changing business needs with an eye toward standardization and operational efficiency.
* Monitor and maintain the Company’s accounting systems, reviewing, and upgrading as necessary. Evaluate new technical developments and recommend appropriate actions and assess proposed systems enhancements.
* Familiarity with equity and debt raising.
*Assist with board material preparation, communication, and ad hoc analysis.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance, or Economics required.
* 7+ years of progressive experience in full-cycle accounting required.
* Advanced understanding of GAAP standards and reporting required.
* Ability to manipulate and analyze large data sets using advanced Excel skills.
* Experience working with QuickBooks and Shopify preferred but not required.
* A sense of urgency, self-motivation, and ability to multi-task with excellent follow-through.
* Ability to flex to the ever-changing needs of the business; be nimble in strategy and shift to achieve company objectives