We’re excited to hire our first Head of Growth to help us scale in this next phase of growth. You will own the roadmap and execution of key growth initiatives and influence company-wide decision-making. This position will report to the CEO. This role is remote and open to candidates in the United States.
This role requires delivering results with a consumer-orientation, and an analytical drive to assess and deliver on KPIs. The Head of Growth has a bias to experiment and evolve.
Blue Fever is a non-toxic app for the expression & support of Gen Z’s most authentic self. Our user-led, interactive community provides young people with a safe space to care for their mental wellness + develop a healthy identity in the digital age. We’re emotional media, not social media. We are venture backed by Amazon, Bumble, Serena Williams and more.
- Develop and execute the growth plan to raise brand awareness, drive demand, increase app installs.
- Execute and manage end-to-end campaigns from initial acquisition to retargeting to reduce churn, including: content marketing, influencer marketing, paid marketing (primarily social and ASO), and SEO. Measure and optimize impact by tracking analytics.
- Drive Blue Fever’s growth experimentation process, from identifying opportunities to forming and validating data-driven hypotheses. Capture insights from growth experiments’ successes and failures, and communicate them to the broader team.
- Leverage our growing community to drive signups and increase retention
- Ability to leverage and implement outside community and brand partnerships
- Work cross-functionally with product, community, data and business development.
- Understand what our market and our users want by conducting research and uncovering insights to inform positioning.
- Refine language and messaging for our brand and individual products
- Identify opportunities, threats and challenges in markets and act accordingly
- Manage all agency and vendor relationships related to growth
- 5+ years of experience owning marketing strategies
- You can create a vision and strategy, establish goals and success metrics, develop a roadmap, and then make thoughtful recommendations on how to iterate your strategy based on your learnings
- Demonstrated success in scaling acquisition for an app-based product
- Deep expertise on driving growth through channels such as Tiktok and Instagram
- Experience implementing campaigns with third-party brands and influencers to facilitate growth goals and monetization experiments
- Proven skill at testing to further refine the target audience for the product that will produce a higher LTV and retention
- Effective verbal and written communicator: You have strong oral and written communication skills. You can craft a compelling narrative both orally and written
- A highly creative, data-driven and analytical mind that can: manage projects independently end-to-end and help to build a growth flywheel with the product team that will scale acquisition
- Ability to maximize budgets and resources for a small company with big aspirations and investor support
- Knowledge of website and third-party analytics tools such as: Google Analytics, Adjust (MMP), AppRadar, social channel ads managers, firebase, squarespace
- A passion for all things digital marketing and a collaborative inclusive startup culture
- Ability to grow and manage a team
- A willingness to fail-forward, learn and grow
- A belief in and determination to solve complex problems
- Mission-driven: You care about our mission and thrive in an environment where you can forge and facilitate deeper human connections
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity or direct experience with leveraging press contacts or collaborating with external PR teams to amplify strategic opportunities and partnerships
- Familiarity with Gen Z and Gen Z culture and experience marketing to this audience
- Experience driving growth on Snapchat, Pinterest, and Discord
We are looking for someone who is:
- Confident: and can be influential with a diverse group of stakeholders to create strong buy-in with technical, creative, and operational groups.
- Self-motivated: willing to be proactive and take initiative on open-ended projects with little oversight.
- A marketing visionary: with experience launching & scaling consumer apps, products, or services for a range of consumer brands.
- A balance of creative and analytical: with an inquisitive nature, strong structured thinking and prioritization skills.
- Empathy First- We get curious and seek to understand things from another person's perspective before judging. This creates better relationships in our day to day lives and in the world at large.
- Be An Ally- We earn the title of ally by creating inclusive and safe spaces, respecting lived experience and providing unconditional solidarity. We continuously practice allyship because none of us are free until all of us are free.
- Focus on Impact- We are here to make change. Period. By focusing on impact over activity, we discover more opportunities that will create value for our company and our community at large.
- Lead with Authenticity- We believe in showing up as our true authentic selves every day. This creates a healthy alignment between our internal values and beliefs and our external actions and behaviors.
- Earn and Keep Trust- We will always work to create and foster a relationship that respects boundaries, safety, data and privacy on all levels.
You will be taking on an early role at the formative stage of one of the next great tech companies. We want your feedback, your ideas and your partnership. You’ll be working in a challenging and fun work environment and have unlimited PTO, including Blue Fever-specific holidays.
Fun fact: We believe in taking time off for our mental health. We call them “Cat Days”. We require all employees to take at least two every quarter and we take a team Cat Day once a quarter.
Some other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options package
- Healthcare coverage
- A business that trusts and embraces technology “done right”
As we grow, we’ll add to our benefits, and you’ll be involved in those conversations.
To apply, please fill out an application form on our careers page and email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume. Feel free to reach out to her if you need more information or have any questions!
Blue Fever, Inc. is committed to giving consideration to all talent in connection to employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, we will provide reasonable accommodations to facilitate your engagement in our interview process. In your application, please feel free to note your preferred pronouns (For example she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).