For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
At Guild, we uphold our Core Values in everything we do. Our team emphasizes our Core Values in the following ways:
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring for a Manager, Salesforce to enhance Guild Education’s day-to-day operations across our internal business systems, and to support our employees, staff, and students.
The Manager, Salesforce, will be a driver of efficiency of our Salesforce team by working with administrators, developers, and key stakeholders to keep us aligned and focused on our strategy. You will be responsible for coaching and overseeing the day-to-day activities of a group of Salesforce Developers across multiple Salesforce orgs. This role will have a critical impact on the business and our students by providing input on efficient and scalable operations across our Salesforce team. We’ll look to you to work with the Program Manager (CRM), Student Experience Tools (SET) to coordinate efforts, knowledge, and timelines, as well as their interdependencies, across projects/squads while keeping in mind the best interests of our Salesforce orgs.
As a Manager, Salesforce you will:
- Be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of a group of Salesforce Developers
- Develop and maintain relationships with our internal clients to ensure long term client satisfaction
- Helping to foster a reputation of credibility across internal teams, ensuring quality data output, and providing training and coaching for the team
- Track ongoing priorities and the team's progress within a sprint to ensure deadlines are hit.
- Ensure that all deployments are accurate and proper required documentation is enforced.
- Provide technical expertise and/or input on high-level solutions
- Facilitate regular status meetings with reports and stakeholders as needed
- Participate in staff recruitment and retention activities (where applicable)
- Manage stakeholder expectations as it pertains to individual team interactions
- Provide Salesforce guidance and coaching to grow the abilities of your direct reports
- Assist in QA/testing of deliverables prepared by the team before sharing with the end-users
- Collaborate with the Manager, Salesforce and Business Systems and Program Manager (CRM), Student Experience Tools (SET) to plan/prioritize the business needs across both administrators and developers
- Multi-task and practice excellent time management while managing up to 5 direct reports
- Stay up to date with new Salesforce practices and technology that will support the growth and objectives of the Salesforce team
You are a strong fit for this role is you have:
- Passion for higher education and our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- 3+ years of management experience
- 3+ years of direct Salesforce management experience
- 5+ years experience using Salesforce.com, Salesforce Certified Advanced Admin/Salesforce Certified Dev I/II preferred, AWS experience is a major plus
- Working knowledge of APEX and Salesforce best practices around APEX. Ability to work alongside developers to streamline and improve code base
- Proven experience leading teams on time-sensitive projects including development, data migration, integration, and change management
- Ability to shift focus and priority quickly with the ability to communicate changes in focus effectively to all impacted teams
- Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation, and analytical skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, flexibility, multitasking abilities, and a strong attention-to-detail in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a startup or similar environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- A drive to work hard and plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $175,000 - $201,250, as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $4.4 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 15 days of PTO/vacation in the first year. After your first year (or for Guilders in Director+ positions), you transition into an open vacation policy.
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.