Do you want to join the newly open Bulgarian research & development center of Boston's hottest startup? Insurify is one of the fastest-growing MIT FinTech businesses and has been recognized as a global Top 100 InsurTech company. We're changing the way millions of people compare and buy insurance with artificial intelligence, technology, and superior product design.
Founded in 2013 by Snejina Zacharia (CEO), Todor Kiryazov (CPO) and Giorgos Zacharia, Co-founder and Board Member, Insurify has raised $128 million in venture capital funding from top investors including Viola Group, MTech Capital, Hearst Ventures, Nationwide Ventures and MassMutual Ventures.
Our team is highly analytical, fast-moving, and focused on one thing: getting more people to compare insurance quotes using Insurify.
How you will make an impact
- Work with our product team to architect and develop new features
- Optimize existing features using modern development techniques to improve speed and reliability
- Write comprehensive test suites that fortify our codebase
- Deploy to production often
What you need to succeed
- 4+ years of experience of building scalable backend services in Python or other general purpose programming language (e.g. Java, Go, Ruby, Node) and willingness to learn Python
- Experience with SQL Databases (we use Redshift, MySQL)
- Experience developing RESTful APIs - we use Django, Flask, AWS Lambda
- Experience with Apache Airflow or other task workflow systems is a plus
- Experience in analyzing code performance to identify optimization opportunities
- Experience in writing unit and integration tests
- Infrastructure as Code and familiarity with AWS
- Fluent spoken and written use of English language
- Employee stock options
- 25 days annual leave
- Enhanced private medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Yearly wellbeing budget or Multisport card
- Personal budget for learning and books
- Employee Assistance Program and other wellbeing perks
- Office kitchen and fun area with snacks and beverages
- Regular social events
- Friendly office culture
- Hybrid office/home work
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.