For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
At Guild, we uphold our Core Values in everything we do. Our team emphasizes our Core Values in the following ways:
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Senior Compensation Analyst. You will play an integral role on the People Operations team to help build and scale our compensation function to align with our employee value proposition, keep Guild in compliance, and partner with internal stakeholders on compensation matters. Our compensation programs are a fundamental component of the People Operations Team’s mission to ensure that employees feel valued and rewarded for their contributions to the success of the company. This is an exciting opportunity for a Sr Compensation Analyst to join our team and work in an environment that is fast-paced and ever-changing.
As Senior Compensation Analyst, you will:
- Participate in surveys, update benchmark matches and analyze results and trends
- Assess alignment with internal and external total compensation data to ensure our program is internally equitable, externally competitive and continues to meet the changing needs of the business
- Partner with People Business Partners and Talent team to support the business and hiring needs, and also to build and develop processes related to compensation-related issues, approvals, questions, communications and company-wide education
- Support the evaluation of jobs, creation of job families, documentation of job descriptions, and salary survey benchmarking
- Analyze our salary ranges and make recommendations to consolidate and update as necessary
- Implement and maintain compensation technology ensuring accuracy with the data and policies and a strong user focus and experience
- Support the annual performance management and compensation cycles through data analysis, reporting, troubleshooting, and the development of communications
- Work in conjunction with the other members of the People Operations team to update our systems with current data and compensation changes and audit our current HRIS for position, compensation and related workforce data on a recurring basis
- Find opportunities for process improvement as it relates to compensation and workforce processes and collaborate with other People Team members to ensure effective and efficient integration of compensation and rewards processes with other critical programs across the organization
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Comprehensive understanding of compensation foundations
- Advanced analytical skills; specifically using Excel and Google Sheets
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, as well as work collaboratively with a wide variety of employees, management and teams
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail while managing numerous complex projects and priorities to meet deadlines successfully
- Detail-oriented, with a high level of accuracy and the ability to detect inconsistencies in data
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to thrive in fast-paced environments with minimal direction needed
- CCP a plus
- HRIS experience, ADP is even better!
- FLSA and compensation-related compliance knowledge and understanding
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $90,000 - $108,750, plus bonus opportunity, as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $4.4 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 15 days of PTO/vacation in the first year. After your first year (or for Guilders in Director+ positions), you transition into an open vacation policy.
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.