Maven is the largest virtual clinic for women's and family health, offering continuous, holistic care for fertility, pregnancy and parenting. Maven’s award-winning digital programs are trusted by leading employers and health plans to reduce costs and drive better health outcomes for both parents and children. Founded in 2014 by CEO Kate Ryder, Maven has supported more than 10 million women and families to date. Maven has raised more than $200 million in funding from leading investors including Sequoia, Oak HC/FT, Dragoneer Investment Group and Lux Capital.
An award-winning culture working towards an important mission – Maven Clinic is a recipient of over 20 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022)
- Fast Company #1 Most Innovative Company in Health (2020)
- Built In NYC Best Place to Work (2022)
- Built In NYC Best Paying Companies (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
Maven is looking for a skilled Data Engineer to help us build out our data infrastructure as our product and user base continue to grow. The Data Engineer, reporting to the Senior Director of Engineering, will work cross-functionally with engineering, product, design, and data teams. By ensuring that our data warehouse is technically efficient, reliable, secure, and comprehensive enough to meet our business requirements, the Data Engineer will be a leader of our data-driven culture and decision making at Maven.
As a Data Engineer at Maven, you will:
- Develop and iterate on data extraction, transformation, and loading processes involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Design, implement, and test scalable data pipelines and infrastructures for new products and data sources.
- Own data quality and navigate complex challenges related to healthcare data privacy.
- Develop data enhancements using data science and machine learning approaches.
- Consult with backend teams and product pods on schema, database, and pipeline design across the codebase.
- Work on a sprint schedule with an engineering pod, develop code in an Agile framework, commit and review merge requests in GitLab.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment where data expertise and responsibility are shared with teammates across disciplines.
- Promote analytical and data engineering best practices across both technical and non-technical stakeholders at Maven.
We’re looking for you to bring:
- 6 + years experience with ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- Proven excellence owning schema design, dimensional data modeling, and data roadmap.
- Proficiency in SQL and Python, experience working with REST APIs.
- A passion for dissecting and reconstructing complex issues with a scalable, data-driven approach.
- Knowledge of data modeling, data access, and data storage best practices.
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication, with an emphasis on teaching and empowering others to leverage the data at hand.
- Leadership to drive future product and engineering decisions to deliver great data for new product development.
Helpful experiences and skills (if you don’t have them, you can learn them with us!):
- BS+ degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Working with Docker, Kubernetes, or other container and deployment tools
- Experience with pipeline and job orchestration software (Airflow a plus), analytical databases (BigQuery a plus), BI tools (Looker a plus), data management softwares (dbt a plus)
- Development with cloud platforms (Google Cloud a plus), as well as infra as code tooling (Terraform a plus)
- Familiarity with data governance frameworks, and working with PHI & PII data
- Background in a healthcare-related or other regulated field
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships*
- Work from anywhere IN THE WORLD summer!
- In-office catered breakfast on Tuesday, Wednesday Grubhub lunch program & Thursday Maven get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend*
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven!
- 401K matching for US-based, full-time employees (immediately vesting)
*These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers listed under Maven DCW Providers, PA are ineligible for these benefits.
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that Maven Clinic interview requests and job offers only originate from an @mavenclinic.com email address (e.g email@example.com). Maven Clinic will also never ask for bank account information (routing, account numbers), social security numbers, passwords or any other sensitive information to be delivered over email, or phone. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Maven Clinic please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.