Klasha is a technology company that builds cross-border commerce solutions for African consumers and international businesses wanting to sell into Africa. Our mission is to make online consumer goods and services more accessible to customers across Africa. We've built the KlashaCheckout which allows African consumers to transact online and across borders in local African currencies, alongside an entire toolkit of software products including: KlashaWire, KlashaCargo, Payment Links and the Klasha App.
Our vision is for African consumers to have frictionless access to the goods they want, regardless of their geographic location, by transacting using African currencies and money methods.
Klasha is currently live in Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, South Africa, Kenya and Zambia. Klasha is backed by leading venture investors, including Greycroft (investors in Braintree and Venmo), Seedcamp (investors in Revolut), Techstars (investors in Remitly) and Plug and Play (investors in Paypal, Honey and Dropbox).
About the role
Klasha is looking for a results-driven, fast-moving mid-senior level Front-End engineer to join our team and help to build an exciting payments and logistics startup in Africa.
We are looking for a Front-End engineer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to the back-end.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Conduct UI tests and optimize performance.
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of designers, developers, and system administrators.
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle.
- You will participate in peer code review and provide constructive feedback to other team members so to ensure our delivery reflects your quality standard.
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications.
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an engineer.
- Experienced in coding in React.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Good understanding of ReactJS and Redux.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of the African payments and logistics ecosystem.
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment).
- Good understanding of Git.
Our people are the heart of the business, so we prioritise welfare and offer a wide range of competitive benefits including but not limited to:
- All the latest technology you need to do your role.
- Allowance for health insurance.
- Headspace and Spill membership.
- Access to a co-working space in your home city.
- One-time home office set-up allowance.
- Budget for French language classes.
- One-time home office set-up allowance.
- Access to Klasha Sessions development training courses.
- Paid birthday day off.
- Team building events.
- Access to mental health wellness services.
- Paid parental leave.
- Paid time off.