Klasha is a technology company that builds cross-border commerce solutions for African consumers and international businesses wanting to sell into Africa. Our mission is to make online consumer goods and services more accessible to customers across Africa. We've built the KlashaCheckout which allows African consumers to transact online and across borders in local African currencies, alongside an entire toolkit of software products including: KlashaWire, KlashaCargo, Payment Links and the Klasha App.
Our vision is for African consumers to have frictionless access to the goods they want, regardless of their geographic location, by transacting using African currencies and money methods.
Klasha is currently live in Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, South Africa, Kenya and Zambia. Klasha is backed by leading venture investors, including Greycroft (investors in Braintree and Venmo), Seedcamp (investors in Revolut), Techstars (investors in Remitly) and Plug and Play (investors in Paypal, Honey and Dropbox).
About the role
Klasha is searching for a qualified Senior Product Designer to work on various products we develop for our customers. This candidate will have a strong ability to take client ideas and create an attractive product based on their needs. This candidate should feel comfortable creating prototypes and communicating with internal teams in order to deliver wholesome solutions. The candidate should also have an ability to follow budget constraints and demonstrate some pieces of previous works through a portfolio.
- Be a role model for other designers on the team and coach them.
- Decide on our design language and how our design system should evolve.
- Build processes as and when needed to help the team deliver during hypergrowth.
- Build the agency within the team to adapt their working agreements for a collaborative and high impact workflow.
- Analyse projections and forecasts and come up with opportunities to move the metrics and influence strategy.
- Support the C Suite and management in the design direction for the company.
- Identify opportunities for new products.
- Analyse how a new product ties in with market needs and consumer preferences.
- Set design requirements based on briefs from internal teams and external partners.
- Produce prototypes and test functionality.
- Improve the design of existing products.
- Gather feedback from product users.
- Identify new product improvement opportunities.
- Analyse how a new product satisfies market needs and consumer preferences.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any business related course, computer science, engineering or equivalent preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior Product Designer, Product Designer or similar role.
- Experience as a UI/UX Designer as well as a strong portfolio of related projects.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop).
- Creativity in mixing up colours, shapes and techniques.
- Experience with design programs (like Illustrator and Sketch).
- Time-management skills.
- You pay strong attention to detail and have a keen eye for aesthetics.
- You have excellent communication skills and can clearly articulate your ideas, designs, and suggestions.
- Good communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Technical expertise.
- Analytical skills.
- Time management.
- Prioritisation skills.
Our people are the heart of the business, so we prioritise welfare and offer a wide range of competitive benefits including but not limited to:
- All the latest technology you need to do your role.
- Private health insurance.
- Headspace and Spill membership.
- Budget for French language classes.
- One-time home office set-up allowance.
- Hybrid; remote + office hours and flexible working conditions.
- Access to Klasha Sessions development training courses.
- Diesel and fuel allowance for remote working.
- Work-from-anywhere weeks; Work from anywhere for three weeks in a year.
- Paid birthday day off.
- Team building events.
- Paid parental leave.