For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
At Guild, we uphold our Core Values in everything we do. Our team emphasizes our Core Values in the following ways:
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Senior Product Manager for our Student Lifecycle Squad in our Learning Marketplace Product Group. As a Product Manager, you will help achieve Guild’s product roadmap in service of our mission and company goals. In this specific role, you will be building and maintaining Guild’s web-based data exchange functionality used by Academic Partners and internal partners. This will include ownership of the user experience, designing workflows for exchanging student data, and building new feature sets based on that data.
As Product Manager, you will:
- Own the roadmap and delivery against key components involved in our Academic Portal’s web-based data exchange functionality and models, covering the student lifecycle which includes student eligibility, enrollments, and student progress data.
- Understand, document, and support the flow of internal and external data through our systems and how that data affects and informs business and technical processes.
- Translate the needs of Academic Partners into technical product requirements including authoring, refining, and prioritizing user stories.
- Work directly with engineering, go-to-market, analytics, and leadership to deliver effective products to market and to solve tough, technical challenges.
- Use data, user research, and market knowledge to craft a vision for your product area and identify areas of opportunity, building a case for new product improvements or investments.
- Represent your product both internally to the business and externally to our customers throughout the software development lifecycle.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years experience in a software product management or comparable role.
- Proven ability to understand complex business problems and break them down into simple solutions that focus on customer needs.
- A track record of working collaboratively and effectively with engineering, design, and other non-technical partner teams to lead delivery of technical solutions.
- Strong ability to handle ambiguity and craft incremental, decoupled solutions.
- Clear, concise communication and presentation abilities.
- A track record of working with external partners and customers, including collecting direct product feedback and conducting usability testing.
- Commitment to Guild’s mission to unlock opportunity for America’s workforce through education.
- Strong partner communication skills, including working with Account Management or Partnerships to conduct systematic discovery on partner needs.
- Experience working on scalable, flexible data import workflows and using that data to build new feature functionality.
- Experience building B2B or B2C SaaS portals or other web-based data exchange functionality.
- Interest in UI/UX design principles and in-app analytics
- Familiarity working with and developing data models
- Basic SQL proficiency.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $150,000 - $195,000, as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $4.4 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 15 days of PTO/vacation in the first year. After your first year (or for Guilders in Director+ positions), you transition into an open vacation policy.
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.