Klasha is a technology company that builds cross-border commerce solutions for African consumers and international businesses wanting to sell into Africa. Our mission is to make online consumer goods and services more accessible to customers across Africa. We've built the KlashaCheckout which allows African consumers to transact online and across borders in local African currencies, alongside an entire toolkit of software products including: KlashaWire, KlashaCargo, Payment Links and the Klasha App.
Our vision is for African consumers to have frictionless access to the goods they want, regardless of their geographic location, by transacting using African currencies and money methods.
Klasha is currently live in Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, South Africa, Kenya and Zambia. Klasha is backed by leading venture investors, including Greycroft (investors in Braintree and Venmo), Seedcamp (investors in Revolut), Techstars (investors in Remitly) and Plug and Play (investors in Paypal, Honey and Dropbox).
About the role
Klasha is searching for a qualified solid senior product manager or Head of Product skillset with a focus on mobile. You will work alongside our designers, to shape our product and how people interact with it. You will build impactful products based on your understanding of value for our users. You will work closely with an INSEAD lecturer as CPO and learn from him. We are small yet big enough for you to be able to experiment across many aspects of our startup. You will learn by doing, amongst a team of peers that loves what they do.
- Analyze projections and forecasts and come up with opportunities to move the metrics and influence strategy.
- Run product discovery and continuously improve the product market fit of our app in one of the most dynamic Fintech ecosystems in the world.
- Fintech in Africa is nascent so being able to work around existing external infrastructure bottlenecks and country outages is key.
- Analyse and leverage data across various signal sources to drive decision making ex: Posthog, UXcam, Appsflyer, Firebase, Google Analytics and others.
- Understanding app release trajectories and how to leverage it to continuously achieve double digit growth on a monthly basis.
- Do growth marketing alongside our marketing, content and engineering teams. We expect a healthy pipeline of experiments run on a weekly/biweekly basis.
- Drive product launches including working with the marketing team, executives, and other product management team members.
- Keep up to date on iOS and Android capabilities that can be leveraged for our mobile experiences and stay informed on OS releases.
- Understand your product’s PnL and drive it as you deem fit.
- Deliver value and impact, regardless of tools, process and the how. You are not a ticketing system for engineering but someone who owns their responsibilities and leads teams to solid outcomes.
- Be a role model for other Product Managers on the team and coach them.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any business related course, computer science, engineering or equivalent preferred.
- 4+ years of significant PM mobile experience in the tech or similar industry, at least a few years working in startups, and ideally would have managed PMs before.
- Have built and grown a successful Fintech mobile app before.
- Are not afraid of conflict and healthy debates and you have a good stamina.
- Understanding that product is beyond scrum and agile and think that product, design, and software engineering go hand in hand.
- Feel comfortable with knowing there is always more to do and things are never perfect.
- Good communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Technical expertise.
- Time management.
- Hands-on approach.
- Strategic thinking.
- Prioritisation skills.
Our people are the heart of the business, so we prioritise welfare and offer a wide range of competitive benefits including but not limited to:
- All the latest technology you need to do your role.
- Allowance for health insurance.
- Headspace and Spill membership.
- Access to a co-working space in your home city.
- One-time home office set-up allowance.
- Budget for French language classes.
- Access to Klasha Sessions development training courses.
- Paid birthday day off.
- Team building events.
- Paid parental leave.