About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is expanding our Engineering team. The Engineering team focuses on architecting, developing, and delivering highly scalable and innovative software that meets the needs of the Daily Harvest business and our customers.
Daily Harvest seeks a Full Stack Software Engineer to help build the platform that enables us to take care of food. As a member of our software engineering team, you’ll be part of a team that crafts and ships the code that powers our entire business -- from robust microservices to code that interfaces with our shipping providers, to inventory and operations management at scale. You’ll be joining a group of inspired engineers who enjoy working together.
What you’ll do:
- Design, estimate and implement new and refactored software services on the platform securely, reliably, and at scale. Take ownership for the quality of design and implementation of software components
- Design and implement REST APIs, services, system tasks, and cloud solutions
- Work closely with product and engineering leadership to lead the technical design and ownership of projects with major company impact
- Work with internal tech teams to identify and build platform elements required to support key product features
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with product owners, and other members of the digital product team to develop a best-of-breed digital experience that meets the needs of our users and drive our business objectives
- Contribute to the growing expertise of Daily Harvest’s engineering team by learning from veteran members and mentoring newer recruits
Who you are:
- Education, training, or experience equivalent to a BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or Ph.D.) in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics)
- 5+ years of professional experience with software development
- 4+ yrs experience with Python or C# or Ruby or equivalent high-level programming language
- Proficiency with front end languages like React or AngularJS
- Experience with RDBMS and/or NoSQL data stores
- Experience with caching solutions (e.g. Redis, ElastiCache)
- Exposure to modern cloud platforms, like AWS or Google Cloud, and their associated technologies
- Experience with Agile software development and Agile software solutions like JIRA
- Familiarity working with modern cloud-based microservice architectures
- Strong continuous integration and continuous delivery experience
- Experience building RESTful APIs and services at scale
- Unlimited PTO Plan + flexible working hours
- Equity participation + 401K
- Competitive medical, dental, + vision insurance
- Fun IRL + virtual quarterly team events, happy hours, + DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Citi Bike discounts, + Health & Wellness Perks
- Annual company retreat
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry (...always stocked)
- In-office access to everything we create (including recipes in development)
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.