For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
At Guild, we uphold our Core Values in everything we do. Our team emphasizes our Core Values in the following ways:
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Solutions Enablement Director to work in collaboration with Paul Freedman, (President, Chief Product & Solutions [“CPS”]), Kalyan Nanduru (SVP Product), and Lindsay Faussone (Senior Director, Product Planning). This individual will help drive engagement, efficiency, alignment, and evolution of the Product business unit (BU). Success in this role will include serving as a thought partner to Product & Solutions Leadership, supporting the operational efficiency of the BU, and helping ensure the Product & Solutions leadership is in lock step with one another and the broader organization.
This role is critical to the success of the Product BU. This individual will be instrumental in continuing to build the Product organization's foundation of excellence, ensuring the product organization is set up to deliver most effectively and with low friction, and facilitating better communications across all of Guild. In doing so, this role will interact with a broad range of partners and departments, will manage a potentially diverse range of individual projects, and will help drive transparency and prioritization towards Guild’s key areas of focus.
- Partnering with leadership to build and maintain high functioning product teams and environments.
- Enable the Product Leadership team to operate optimally and in alignment with one another (e.g. weekly Leadership Team meetings, 1:1s with leadership, etc.).
- Draft internal executive communications on behalf of the Chief Product & Solutions and their leadership team as needed.
- Helping design and implement quarterly retrospectives and OKR setting processes, enabling Product and C-Suite leadership to set the future vision and direction for the team.
- Help manage the quarterly process of developing material for upcoming Board of Directors meetings in partnership with Product leadership.
- Support the growth and evolution of the Product team by developing onboarding rigor.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Chiefs of Staff, Communications, and Strategy leaders across Guild to maintain insight into decisions and implications of changes in other areas of the business.
- Support and/or lead additional special projects as needed.
- Developing internal communications that keep our executive and cross-functional teams informed about the global product strategy and specific product initiatives (including objectives, benefits, accomplishments and progress of each).
- Primary responsibility for facilitating regular internal product communications (planning, co-creation, and management)
- Help build our product narrative(s) to highlight what we’re building and why/how the Product team is connecting to Guild’s overarching mission and strategy
- Use diverse mediums (e.g. videos, events, and written communications) to yield creative, engaging communications for diverse internal audiences
- Advise on the right communications content, forum and timing ensuring executives and cross-functional teams are informed, inspired and empowered to help Guild succeed as a high-growth product organization
- Maintain regular interaction with product leads and other key cross-functional partners to coordinate and develop rich product communications
- As needed, involvement with efforts related to dashboard reporting, tooling, business process improvements, standard methodologies, budgeting, and more.
Required proficiencies include:
- Deep experience in business or strategy roles at a senior level
- Background in product, partnership development, and business development
- Experience working and leading teams in high-growth, high-velocity organizations and/or in late-stage start-up environments
- Excellent business intuition and savvy
- Demonstrated excellence in communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and lead others to make decisions and action plans
- A balance of scrappiness and scale competence
- Change agent who can build product solutions from scratch and continually push to set a higher standard
- Ability to think, plan and complete on multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly complex organization
- Examples of leading critical initiatives from inception to execution
- Ability to work cross-functionally with all levels in the organization
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $135,000 - $157,500, as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $4.4 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 15 days of PTO/vacation in the first year. After your first year (or for Guilders in Director+ positions), you transition into an open vacation policy.
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.