For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
At Guild, we uphold our Core Values in everything we do. Our team emphasizes our Core Values in the following ways:
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Developer. This role is responsible for the development, implementation, production support, and performance tuning of the underlying systems and reporting infrastructure for the data warehouse and data mart reporting environments. They design and implement reporting architecture solutions including the design of table structures, and the optimization of ETL processes and queries used to populate those structures with data from internal and external sources. This role will be a great fit for you if you have a strong understanding and passion for reporting infrastructure, table architecture, efficient ETL data pipelines, and scaling best practices.
As a Senior BI Developer, you will:
- Lead a key initiatives or medium project (e.g. building a clean data set for data science or onboarding a new partner)
- Build and define new reporting infrastructure and tables based on needs of the business
- Work closely with product, engineering, and analytics teams to scale reporting architecture and the ETL pipeline based on source of truth tables and events from the event bus
- Find creative solutions to maximize system efficiencies (e.g. use a scripting language to automate a manual process)
- Support reporting infrastructure tools and systems (e.g. Airflow, Snowflake, DBT, Looker, Github)
- Support monitoring, alerting, and anomaly detection efforts to measure performance, accuracy, and usage of data and reports
- Support team members by sharing technical knowledge and to help solve issues that arise and technical skills to be learned
- Solidify documentation for key systems
You are a good fit for this role if you have:
- Experience in business intelligence, infrastructure, data engineering, analytics or a related technical role in a fast-paced business or start up environment
- Experience building data pipelines, custom ETL processes, data warehouses, and table architecture
- Expertise in database technologies such as Redshift, Snowflake, PostgreSQL, and working with large sets of data
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, Power BI etc..
- Ability to communicate well in person, on paper, and in code. You can explain technical concepts to product managers, engineers, analysts and partners
- Team player mindset, with good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Experience automating processes using scripting languages such as Python
- Experience with modern source control (Git / Github) practices
- Demonstrated curiosity and interest in keeping up and experimenting with new technologies
- Something else? Wonderful, we're curious to learn more about you!
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $120,000-$142,500, variable compensation eligibility, as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $4.4 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 15 days of PTO/vacation in the first year. After your first year (or for Guilders in Director+ positions), you transition into an open vacation policy.
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.