Maven is the largest virtual clinic for women's and family health, offering continuous, holistic care for fertility, pregnancy and parenting. Maven’s award-winning digital programs are trusted by leading employers and health plans to reduce costs and drive better health outcomes for both parents and children. Founded in 2014 by CEO Kate Ryder, Maven has supported more than 10 million women and families to date. Maven has raised more than $200 million in funding from leading investors including Sequoia, Oak HC/FT, Dragoneer Investment Group and Lux Capital.
An award-winning culture working towards an important mission – Maven Clinic is a recipient of over 20 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022)
- Fast Company #1 Most Innovative Company in Health (2020)
- Built In NYC Best Place to Work (2022)
- Built In NYC Best Paying Companies (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
Maven is looking for an experienced, Senior Data Platform Engineer to help us build out our data infrastructure and data platform as our product and user base continue to grow. This engineer will work with the Data Engineering pod at Maven to deliver data products and services to the Maven team.
As a Senior Data Platform Engineer at Maven, you will:
- Build, upgrade, and maintain core data systems and tools for our data platform
- Develop & implement software development lifecycle tools for data systems including Airflow
- Iterate on data extraction, transformation, and loading processes involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Design, implement, and test scalable data pipelines and infrastructure for data products
- Drive monitoring, logging, and establishment of robust data platform best practices
- Own data infrastructure quality and reliability, and navigate complex challenges related to healthcare data privacy
- Thrive in a collaborative environment where data expertise and responsibility are shared with teammates across disciplines
We’re looking for you to bring:
- + years of production-level experience using cloud-based hosting, notably with Google Cloud Platform, AWS, or Azure
- 2+ years of production-level experience with Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, or other infrastructure-as-code tools
- Experience with containerized systems like Docker and Kubernetes
- One or more scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc)
- Experience with continuous testing and continuous deployment (CI/CD) systems and strategies
- Shell scripting skills (Bash)
- Experience building robust, reliable data platform infrastructure
- Ability to build tools specifically for data systems including data pipelines and data services
- Advanced project management and prioritization skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Point of view regarding data platform and data infrastructure best practices
- Leadership to drive future product and engineering decisions to deliver great data systems
Helpful experiences and skills (if you don’t have them, you can learn them with us!):
- Experience with Kubernetes, Terraform
- Experience with cloud platforms (Google Cloud)
- Experience with Airflow, dbt, Looker from a platform perspective
- Background in a healthcare-related or other regulated field
- Experience with data platform systems
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships*
- Work from anywhere IN THE WORLD summer!
- In-office catered breakfast on Tuesday, Wednesday Grubhub lunch program & Thursday Maven get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend*
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven!
- 401K matching for US-based, full-time employees (immediately vesting)
*These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers listed under Maven DCW Providers, PA are ineligible for these benefits.
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that Maven Clinic interview requests and job offers only originate from an @mavenclinic.com email address (e.g firstname.lastname@example.org). Maven Clinic will also never ask for bank account information (routing, account numbers), social security numbers, passwords or any other sensitive information to be delivered over email, or phone. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Maven Clinic please notify us at: email@example.com.