For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
At Guild, we uphold our Core Values in everything we do. Our team emphasizes our Core Values in the following ways:
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is looking for a Senior Director of Product Marketing & Content Strategy. You will primarily be responsible for leading a team of product and content marketers to create a content architecture and strategy; as well as to deliver and execute a plan to help guide consumers through the end-to-end experience.
You will partner closely with Growth & Client Marketing, Product Management, Student Services, Research & Analytics, as well as the broader Student Experience team to ensure that our solutions deliver a compelling experience for our adult learners - employees within our client accounts (F1000 companies). You will also be responsible for working with our product, solution design, and student services teams to create and launch solutions that meet our learners' needs.
In particular, we are looking for a senior leader who can help take our learner solutions and strategy to market with consumers. You will organize a team to deeply understand our consumer audiences, define and create consumer segments and personas, define messaging/positioning, establish content and coordinate across teams to enable personalized, relevant content experiences that help move users through their journey to unlock opportunities and achieve career goals.
As a Senior Director of Product Marketing and Content Strategy you will:
- Understand the learning and career mobility landscape. Be an expert on learning options and career outcomes for working adults and how you message / position to our audiences
- Drive Market intelligence. Be the expert on our consumers, who they are, how they make career, learning, and educational decisions as well as their key decision criteria
- Drive consumer insight and empathy: You will be the cross-functional voice of our consumers and the market, identifying and socializing key consumer/market insights with actionable recommendations
- Define and create segments / personas. Be responsible to drive the creation of actionable segments and personas by partnering with the Student Services, Product, and the Analytics & Insights team
- Define positioning, messaging, and GTM: Shape how we go-to-market with messaging, content, and collateral that is clear, inspirational, and performant in helping guide learners through their journey to achieve and unlock career outcomes
- Consumer Journey. Understand and document our learner’s journey, including where they access information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then evangelize and drive improvements across the consumer journey to enhance the experience and remove friction
- Marketing Plan & Roadmap. Develop a marketing plan based on the experience roadmap (product + services) in conjunction with our cross-functional teams, including key activities and budgets to support consumer acquisition, retention, and life-long learning
- Measure & Continuously Enhance the Experience. Assess the effectiveness of the content-driven experience on an ongoing basis through testing and iteration
- Communicate New Capabilities / Offerings. Develop an ongoing communication plan to enable both consumers as well as internal stakeholders (marketing, product, student services) for net-new capabilities, offerings, and changes to the overall experience
- Enable and Support Internal Teams. Understand and support our internal learner-facing teams; train them on the problems we solve for our learners and users; develop internal tools and collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- Be a visionary and strategic thought partner. Help to co-create and partner with Product, Student Services, Analytics & Insights and Marketing to shape our communication strategy and roadmap to solve customer needs.
- Thought Leader. Act as a primary career mobility and learning thought leader staying current on industry trends, acting as the editor overseeing and producing content for our consumers
- Build for scale: As Guild grows, you will spearhead process and program improvements that create leverage and efficiency
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- BA/BS degree
- Pragmatic Institute Certified (PMC) III or higher
- 12+ years marketing management & leadership in a B2C environment, 7+ years in product marketing experience with market-facing experience including customer research, competitor analysis, and messaging
- Experience in higher education and learning preferred
- Ability to manage programs & projects in a large, complex organization
- Expertise in content strategy, design, and architecture across channels and departments
- An eye for creativity & an aptitude to rapidly learn new concepts and skills
- Excellent written/oral presentation and strong story-telling skills
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $200,000-$237,500 as well as variable compensation (bonus) eligibility and company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $4.4 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 15 days of PTO/vacation in the first year. After your first year (or for Guilders in Director+ positions), you transition into an open vacation policy.
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.