About Daily Harvest
At Daily Harvest we take care of food, so food can take care of you. We're committed to helping you nourish your body while taking care of the planet. How? By making it easy to eat more real, unrefined and sustainably sourced fruits and vegetables every day. Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Mobile to join our Engineering team. The Engineering team focuses on architecting, developing, and delivering highly scalable and innovative software that meets the needs of the Daily Harvest business and our customers.
Daily Harvest seeks a Senior Software Engineer, Mobile to help build the platform that enables us to take care of food. As a member of our software engineering team, you’ll craft and ship the code that powers our mobile applications -- from user-facing experiences in React Native to code that interfaces with our RESTful API services. You’ll be joining a team of talented and highly motivated engineers who enjoy working together.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the team that is responsible for expanding the Daily Harvest ecosystem for Mobile platforms
- Implement a cutting-edge user experience that can be seamless for both Android and iOS platforms
- Work with internal tech teams to identify and build platform elements required to support key mobile product features
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with designers, product owners, and other members of the digital product team to develop a best-of-breed digital experience that meets the needs of our users and drive our business objectives
- Provide guidance and mentoring to more junior members of the engineering team
Who you are:
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or Ph.D.) in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years of professional experience with mobile app development
- 4+ years of experience with hybrid mobile frameworks such as React Native or Flutter, or with modern native app development in Android and/or iOS
- Experience configuring continuous integration and continuous delivery systems
- React or React Native development experience is preferred
- Expert understanding of app analytics, debugging & monitoring tools, networking, and push notifications is a plus
- Bonus if you have experience with several of the following: JSX, Jest, Redux, redux-saga
- Contributor to the React Native or general open source community is preferred
- Unlimited PTO Plan + flexible working hours
- Equity participation + 401K
- Competitive medical, dental, + vision insurance
- Fun IRL + virtual quarterly team events, happy hours, + DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Citi Bike discounts, + Health & Wellness Perks
- Annual company retreat
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry (...always stocked)
- In office access to everything we create (including recipes in development)
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.