Winnie is on a mission to bring high-quality child care & educational services to every family. Our technology-driven marketplace makes it easy for parents to discover and connect with local providers. Our tools for businesses empower them to reach more families online and increase enrollment effortlessly.
We are backed by an amazing group of investors, including Homebrew, Reach Capital, Rethink Impact, and more. Join us on our mission and help shape a brighter future for families, children and caregivers everywhere.
Winnie Named to Inc. Magazine's 2021 Best Workplaces:
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a strong focus on product development to help us build our native iOS and Android app. You will be responsible for feature development and mobile infrastructure. The ideal candidate has experience with either iOS and Android ecosystems and design patterns.
This position is remote-friendly, or can be based in our San Francisco office once it is safe for our team to resume working together in person.
What you'll do
- Build new features for parents and providers
- Work across the stack from the networking layer up to the user interface
- Support native mobile infrastructure
- Apply material design principles and best practices
- Collaborate with product managers and others in the company to improve the product and drive user growth
- Collaborate with and learn from a talented team of engineers with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of professional experience developing high quality native apps
- You are a mobile generalist
- You have published apps in the Apple App Store and/or Google Play store
- You have deep knowledge of the iOS SDK and/or Android SDK
- You have strong product and design sensibilities
- You know a well designed API when you see one
- You provide mentorship to teammates as well as others in the community
What it’s like to work at Winnie
- We’re not your typical tech company
- We are super family-friendly and value reasonable work hours
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we are supportive of returners who have been out of the workforce
- We work cross functionally and collaboratively across the company
- We have employees across the country from the east coast to the west coast
- We use Slack to facilitate communication across our distributed team
What we offer
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their families (we cover 99% for employees and 50% for dependents)
- One Medical membership for employees and dependents
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA options available
- 401k plan available
- Generous time off and sick time benefits
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave and family friendly policies
- Annual professional development budget to support career development
- Remote employee budget for hardware and equipment to work remotely
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Don’t meet all the requirements for the position? That’s okay. We encourage you to still apply.