Maven is the largest virtual clinic for women's and family health, offering continuous, holistic care for fertility, pregnancy and parenting. Maven’s award-winning digital programs are trusted by leading employers and health plans to reduce costs and drive better health outcomes for both parents and children. Founded in 2014 by CEO Kate Ryder, Maven has supported more than 10 million women and families to date. Maven has raised more than $200 million in funding from leading investors including Sequoia, Oak HC/FT, Dragoneer Investment Group and Lux Capital.
An award-winning culture working towards an important mission – Maven Clinic is a recipient of over 20 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022)
- Fast Company #1 Most Innovative Company in Health (2020)
- Built In NYC Best Place to Work (2022)
- Built In NYC Best Paying Companies (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
Maven is seeking a Staff Security Engineer to join our growing Security team. If working across a broad swath of security domains (AppSec, Infrastructure, DevSecOps, etc.), and providing expertise to help our teams to level up their security capabilities sounds exciting, you might be a good fit! We are looking for a technical leader that is up for a challenge to drive security efforts and improve security tooling across Maven.
As a Staff Security Engineer at Maven, you will:
- Be a leader within Maven and help drive our technical direction and vision.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers to solve interesting and challenging problems.
- Mentor and train other team members on architecture, design techniques, and coding standards.
- You will cross-collaborate with Engineering Managers, Product Managers, and the Engineering team in devising, implementing, and communicating a pragmatic, well-rounded approach to Security efforts.
- You’ll drive DevSecOps best practices, and help our teams operationalize security as part of their product delivery process.
- You’ll engage with customer and partner teams to understand their high-level business objectives and identify potential areas of impact for Security.
- You’ll be a technical leader within Security, driving and facilitating critical thinking on ways to improve our ability to be a force multiplier.
- You’ll promote sound engineering practices, drive work on security strategy and roadmaps
- You’ll initiate, influence, and drive technical projects across teams within Maven.
We’re looking for you to bring:
- You believe the best security teams are partners with the rest of the organization, not barriers (see: Honest Security).
- You have at least 8 years of experience working within security and technology teams.
- You have deep technical expertise in at least one area of security
- You possess a deep understanding of how to translate product and business goals into tech and security, and how to stay focused on the most impactful.
- You know how to teach and evangelize security to groups of different disciplines with varying experience
- You feel confident coordinating and scoping larger initiatives
- You believe in teamwork, agile values and leading by example
Helpful experiences and skills (if you don’t have them, you can learn them with us!):
- Background in a healthcare-related or other regulated field
- Experience with various security frameworks and audits (NIST, SOC2, HIPAA, HITRUST, et al.)
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships*
- Work from anywhere IN THE WORLD summer!
- In-office catered breakfast on Tuesday, Wednesday Grubhub lunch program & Thursday Maven get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend*
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven!
- 401K matching for US-based, full-time employees (immediately vesting)
*These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers listed under Maven DCW Providers, PA are ineligible for these benefits.
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that Maven Clinic interview requests and job offers only originate from an @mavenclinic.com email address (e.g email@example.com). Maven Clinic will also never ask for bank account information (routing, account numbers), social security numbers, passwords or any other sensitive information to be delivered over email, or phone. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Maven Clinic please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.