Civic Eagle helps organizations more effectively advocate for public policy changes with a bleeding-edge product that is backed by our proprietary civic data and analytics. We are a diverse team guided by a vision to improve democracy and increase transparency. We provide services to hundreds of public policy advocacy organizations, Fortune 1000 corporations, and millions of people looking to engage in democracy.
We've recently raised our $10M Series A round: this is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company backed by blue-chip investors.
We are looking for a passionate and results-driven VP of Marketing to build and lead our Marketing Team. You’ll be responsible for designing effective marketing strategies and playbooks, overseeing the daily marketing activities, and helping your team succeed.
Reporting to the CEO and in close collaboration with Sales, Customer Success, and Product, you’ll ideate, define, and execute various sales initiatives to achieve our long-term and short-term organizational goals.
This will be a career-defining and memorable experience for you if you:
- Believe in our mission of improving democracy and increasing transparency
- Enjoy corporate and financial strategy in a high-growth startup environment
- Are detailed oriented but always have an eye on the larger picture and bigger vision
- Are interested in shaping the vision, strategy, and culture of Civic Eagle
What you will do:
- Recruit, train, and onboard new members
- Manage a team of marketers (once built) and outside agencies
- Build a data and results-driven high-performance culture
- Motivate and coach your team to achieve and exceed their goals
- Prepare and review yearly and quarterly budgets, and allocate resources appropriately
- Increase both small-to medium organization and enterprise top of funnel, with a focus on organic and event marketing, including:
- Content marketing and PR (massive opportunity to tell data stories)
- Customer marketing (huge expansion opportunities within current customer base)
- Product led growth (large base of free external collaborators to upsell)
- Events (events have been highly efficient sources of new leads)
- Enable sales with ready-to-use messaging and collateral (sales decks, case studies, etc.)
- Discover opportunities better leverage Civic Eagle's open-source project, OpenStates.org (with over 1.7M monthly unique visitors)
- Explore paid marketing channels, time and resources permitting
- Keep up to date on the latest marketing trends and experiment with new strategies and channels
- Monitor the market, competitor products and activities, and identify new threads and opportunities
- Work closely with Sales, Customer Experience, and Product leadership to align and improve cross-function and strategic initiatives
The right person for this role:
- You have spent the last decade living and dreaming b2b SaaS marketing:
- 3+ years of leadership experience with at least 3-5 direct reports
- 10+ years of overall SaaS marketing experience
- You have built and led marketing teams supporting multiple selling motions, including:
- SMB and Mid-Market Sales with Product-led Growth: Marketing enabling inside sellers closing deals in 1-2 phone calls
- Enterprise Sales: Marketing enabling account executives and SDRs hunting and closing large enterprises
- You have led marketing for a b2b software company with under $10M ARR and have a strong desire to do it again and scale beyond $20M+ in ARR
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Proven experience in building data-driven and modern marketing organizations
- Excellent leadership, communication, analytical and project management skills
- Entrepreneurial, creative. Innovative, and customer-centric
- Critical thinker and strong problem-solving skills
- Upholds our company values: We put people first. We believe in transparency. We are audacious thinkers and doers.
- Has experience and a willingness to work in a remote-first, distributed team.
Compensation and benefits:
- $160k to $170k dependending on experience and location
- Stock options
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- High-trust remote working environment & free co-working space
- Flexible work hours - unlimited Your Time Off (YTO)
- Paid family leave
- Professional development stipend
Civic Eagle is on a mission to use technology to promote better democratic outcomes. It starts with providing better access to information about the policies that impact us. We believe that by making public policy more accessible and transparent, we can start to make changes to the way that communities and organizations advocate for themselves. We envision a world where people are heard and communities are genuinely served. We have the unique opportunity to use today’s advancements in technology to make this a reality. We'd love for you to join us on this mission!
What do our products do?
- Surface all proposed laws across state and federal governments
- Enable users to track, tag, and annotate proposed laws, so they can take action
- Notify users about changes and related proposals that they might otherwise miss
- Facilitate collaboration within teams and organizations to make advocacy more powerful
- Provide a foundation of open civic data to academics, journalists, and the public
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Civic Eagle is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment. Individuals seeking employment at Civic Eagle are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, military or veteran status, physical or mental abilities, social-economic background, political affiliation, thinking styles, life experiences, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.