For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
At Guild, we uphold our Core Values in everything we do. Our team emphasizes our Core Values in the following ways:
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a VP, Software Architecture. We’re looking for a Vice President (VP) to oversee our diverse team of best in class software architects. This team is focused on architecting our platform and working across all of our engineering and data teams to provide architecture strategy, direction, templates, tooling, design and implementation guidance for all of our work.
We are looking for a seasoned software architecture leader who can effectively work across all directions of our engineering organization while also working closely with our product management and customer facing teams. We need someone who asks “why,” is unafraid to “wade in ambiguity”, and helps drive strong technical decision-making at Guild. We are looking for a VP to provide leadership, consistency, mentorship, technical expertise and counsel, and will work to apply that perspective against our architecture challenges. This role will require a focus on how we design, build and manage complex distributed systems across AWS, Salesforce, Snowflake and more.
As VP, Software Architecture, you will:
- Lead a team of software architects in evaluating, identifying, and designing software solutions and providing guidance to our application and data engineering teams
- Ensure delivery of high quality, secure and reliable software systems aligned with the needs of the business across multiple teams.
- Provide an architecture vision that meets the needs of our business and engineers today, tomorrow and over the long term as well as identify pragmatic steps to moving towards that continuing evolving vision.
- Partner with product, product design, and other engineering leaders in the organization to build out technical initiatives,integrate them into our global roadmap, prioritize them for implementation and see them through to fruition.
- Recommend new technology and technical enhancements to improve efficiency and scalability within the engineering organization.
- Design, implement, and manage key performance metrics for the architecture team and provide strategic input to metrics and implementation approach across the platform and organization.
- Inspire and motivate teams in a remote working environment.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience managing software and data architects who help determine the technical design of cloud native platforms, work with teams on domain boundaries, standards and governance.
- Strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills with the ability to explain approach to all levels in the organization including key stakeholders and leaders.
- Able to think strategically and see the big picture while also focusing teams on execution and delivery.
- Ability to communicate objectives and goals broadly to engineering teams.
- Experience architecting and building highly distributed systems with microservices and autonomous, loosely coupled teams utilizing domain driven design (DDD) as well as large scale data and insights infrastructure where data is a key asset and value driver for the organization.
- Experience managing and mentoring high level individual contributors (Director level architect IC’s).
- Proven success working closely with Product Management, contributing to the product strategy and helping to successfully deliver on a product roadmap.
- Experience in a broad range of technologies including AWS (with a focus on highly managed serverless solutions), Salesforce, Snowflake, Looker, modern web applications and more.
- Experience working in a medium to large size (200+) engineering organization as lead/chief architect managing a team of architects and being a tie breaker and glue between different architecture and engineering leaders.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $260,00 - $297,500, as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $4.4 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 15 days of PTO/vacation in the first year. After your first year (or for Guilders in Director+ positions), you transition into an open vacation policy.
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.